Tuesday 18 October 2016


London Underground D78 Stock

 

The London Underground D Stock operates on London Underground's District line, except the Wimbledon to Edgware Road service. Following the withdrawal of the C Stock in June 2014, these are now the oldest subsurface trains in service on the London Underground. The first units were withdrawn in January 2015 with all due to be replaced by S Stock by December 2016

The D stock was ordered in 1976 to replace the pre-war CO/CP Stock and post-war R Stock on the District line. Seventy-five six-car trains were built by Metro-Cammell, Birmingham, the first entering service on 28 January 1980 with final delivered in 1983.

 

These trains are my first attempts at creating my own rolling stock.

I began with the purchasing some second hand carriages and engines from a locate  train show earlier this year, disassembling the engine from the bodies and cutting the carriage down in length

My first idea was to build the D stock out of Dapol trackside model C047 Rail buses  but I had brought 3 kits and discovered. I  would need  a lot of parts to build these trains

 

In the end I used the kits and second hand carriage,  I had cut down using rail bus wall panel to create the opening door panels added  a coat of paint and had completed my first of many D stock trains


















No comments:

Post a Comment